----- Original Message ----- From: "Keryx Web" <webmas...@keryx.se>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] More on understanding html5

2010-01-05 13:59, designer skrev:
> I am getting a bit bogged down with this new stuff!
> I used <figure> in this case:

<figure> is still being discussed and no real decision has benn made. The proposal to use dt/dd in fugure and details seem to have been shot down and new elements for captioning these are being discussed.

Then again, <details> and or <figure> might be totally scrapped.

There are other parts of HTML5 that have reached a higher level of maturity. One should probably start using them.

BTW. the validator does not change with every spec change. For issues like this the best resource to consult is probably HTML5 doctor or the WHAT WG help list. (The help list, not the main discussion list.)

Hi Lars,

Yes, I am starting to realise that you are right. So many of the features of html5 have little or no browser support and the syntax changes often. The standard few 'safe' elements seem to be

<section>
<header>
<footer>
<article>
<nav>  and
<aside>

html5 all seems a bit of a mess, at least at this time.

Bob