Yes. I have a prototype with the imports and it DOES work. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org]
On Behalf Of Ted Drake
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 5:46 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] CSS off button

That's because you have so many different css files
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/508.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/core.css"
type="text/css" />

        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/body_content.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/general_html.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/header.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/leftnav.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/rightnav.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/custom_styles.css"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/import/footer.css"
type="text/css" />

It might work better if you had a base css that included imports within
it to the sub css files. When you switch that with a new css file the
imports should also be skipped. I haven't tested that, but I think it
would work.