On 3/8/2010 12:47 PM, Marvin Hunkin wrote:
HI.
DID A TUTORIAL FROM JEFF DURRUM ON HTTP://WWW.BLINDGEEKS.ORG <mhtml:%7B4DCB9095-E5FA-4455-A328-2B372E08F438%7Dmid://00000019/%21x-usc:http://www.blindgeeks.org/>
AND FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.
INTERNET EXPLORER 8.
DOES NOT SHOW ME THE RESULTS OF A PAGE.
WRITING A JAVASCRIPT APPLICATION.
A SHOPPING CART.
WHERE YOU SELECT ITEMS AND PRCIES IN A DROP DOWN COMBO BOX, AND THEN ENTER A QUANTITY IN A EDIT BOX.
THEN CLICK THE ADD TO SHOPPING CART BUTTON.
A MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING THE ITEM WAS ADDED.
THEN YOU CLICK ON THE VIEW SHOPPING CART.
WHICH TAKES YOU TO A PAGE, AND SHOW YOU THE TOTAL PRICES , TAXES, AND TOTALS OF THE ITEMS PURCHASED. THEN YOU HAVE A COMPLETE YOUR SHOPPING CART BUTTON, WHICH CLEARS OUT ALL YOUR TOTALS.
AND PRESENTS YOU WITH A MESSAGE.
TO CHECK OUT OR YOUR ITEMS ARE COMPLETE.
BUT IT IS NOT WORKING IN INTERNET EXPLORER 8.
SO DO I UNINSTALL, TRY REINSTALLING.
WAS WORKING LAST WEEK, BUT NOT NOW.
WORKS IN FIREFOX.
ANY IDEAS.
TRIED SETTING THE PRIVACY TO 40 % AND TRIED SETTING THE SECURITY OPTIONS AND ALLOWING ACTIVE EX CONTENT.
BUT DID NOT STILL WORK.
SO ANY IDEAS, OTHER PROGRAMS, ACTIVE EX I COULD INSTALL.
TEARING MY HAIR OUT.
THANK YOU.
MARVIN.

I'm guessing your blind, so please don't take offence to this, but could you kindly move your little finger 7/16ths of an inch to its left and *turn off caps lock*.

As to your actual problem, try using IE8s JavaScript debugger to work out the actual error.
Don't use ActiveX, you'll regret it later on.

We might be able to give you more assistance if we knew the actual site, or had the code that was causing this.
- Josh