From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Tatham Oddie
Sent: Wednesday, 1 December 2010 4:14 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Need a fresh eye - can anyone see what's wrong please?

Mike,

This line is invalid:

        background-image: #333333 url("images/Footer_background_s1.jpg");

You're defining both the color *and* the url in the image property.

Either change it to:

        background-image: url("images/Footer_background_s1.jpg");
        background-color: #333333;

or:

        background: #333333 url("images/Footer_background_s1.jpg");

This is invalid across all browsers, it's just that IE8 is the only one that
seems to actually care.