Thierry,

Thanks for the suggestion! It got me think of a few things.

Structurally and semantically, do you find a  distinctive difference between
Modal and Collapsible?

I wanted to make sure I am on the right track; when I think of the use of Modal
Window, I think of a block of content that is not part of the main content in a
given page, e.g. a Ajax fetch, an image gallery (which makes use of the herf
link to pull the larger image), a dialog box, a content in the aside element.
The choice of the Modal Window, is not so much of a UI/Design choice but the
integrity of content structure and that it does not obscured the flow of the
content when AT is used, so making sure the focus brought back to the original
trigger is something that needs to deal with - a Modal script I use, doesn't
offered this feature, it jumps back to the first link.

With Collapsible, it's largely a UI/Design choice,  structurally,  the content
in it is part of the main content, it's just a simple show/hide that makes good
use of space, and apart from button that you recommended, a heading can be
served as a trigger too depending on the content (for the site I was working,
in a few pages heading is more appropriate, as in other pages , button is
indeed better than p tag). With Collapsible, we don't normally provide a close
button. What I was trying to do with this "pop up", is a simple modified
version of Collapsible (show/hide) that the Collapsible's container uses
absolute positioning, thus a close button is provided, and when closed, it will
goes back, not to the original trigger but the link after the trigger. I do not
see any issue about with this, but would love to hear how you guys think about
it.

Lastly, I guess there isn't any  benefit to use ARIA role just for this "pop
up" when the entire site is not made for it (it's not a simple WordPress blog
that consists of a handful of template files but eCommerce site with hundred of
template files and it will be an enormous task. I am however have been slowly
building a HTML5 theme with ARIA support for it from scratch, but it likely
won't be finished until next year as I feel there is so much needed to know
about the proper use of ARIA).

tee