Hi Stephen,

No it wouldn't be nice if Facebook offered a choice. It would be stupid and
annoying, hence they don't do it and hence noone else does that anywhere
online and hence Hassan is suggesting the same thing I am suggesting.

Usually anything that opens in a modal window may be denoted with a little
icon, but there isn't really a need for that these days as modal windows are
a perfectly fine aspect of Web2.0. Just use Google+ and knock yourself out
for 1000s of examples to support that statement.

Hope this helps. If you want a more in-depth conversation and advice from
me, send me a direct mail to avoid pissing off the mailing list.

Cheers,

Jason