Hi All,

We are currently in the process of redesigning our website and are
looking into the "Skip to" functionality.

We are currently considering using:

*       Skip to Search
*       Skip to Primary Navigation
*       Skip to Secondary Navigation
*       Skip to Main Content

We are wondering if there is any information on best practice for the
"Skip to" function and whether there is a generally acceptable limit as
to how many "Skip to" links should be used?

We are also wondering whether we should be considering other ways for
users to navigate around our pages such as AccessKey
http://validator.w3.org/accesskeys.html and whether this technique
should be used to reduce the number of "Skip to" links we have listed
above?

Is there any native browser functionality that performs any of these
functions that we should account for?

Thankyou in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Luke Blumer
Web Project Officer | Corporate Relations
Australian Taxation Office
Phone: 02 6216 2970

IMPORTANT
        The information transmitted is for the use of the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, disclosure,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited and may result in
severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the Privacy Hotline of the Australian Taxation
Office, telephone 13 2869 and delete all copies of this
transmission together with any attachments.