  From: Danny Vose
  To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
  Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [WSG] AOL mail problems?

  Hi Bob

  I have had this problem several times over the years with customers wishing
to have their mail redirected. The first things to check are the obvious ones
(not a sop on your ability but computers make us brain dead at times!) Does his
account with the hosting company have any restrictions on the amount of POP3
redirects as many do? Or two with the same address such as admin@ and
admin@-redirect? Most host providers use third party email clients and for some
unknown reason I have at times simply deleted all the mail accounts on the
domain, then refreshed and redone and they have worked? Have you actually
tested that mail sent to the domain address can be accessed in the mail box
even if not redirected? Finally, it's extremely easy to make a minor miss-spell
when doing web work. A water test I always use with these problems is to
quickly setup a temp Hotmail or yahoo address and redirect there and see if it
arrives. If it does than the problem is with his AOL mail account. If not, its
domain side. If you have checked all these Bob then you can't do anymore and
it's up to the domain support to sort out as you don't have backend access.

  Dan