On 03/08/2014 17:14, Patrick wrote:
> Hi All,
Hi Patrick,

> Sorry to bug you with this, but I have problems with the Ubuntu 14.04,
> so I am looking for some help...
>
> First, I have a TS2000 connected via a Microkey II, I am using mhuxd and
> rigctld to control the tranceiver, and all is working there.
>
> With WSJT-x, I have v1.1, r3496, program start, decoding is fine, but I
> cannot control the TS-2000 from WSJT-X. As my rigctld is already lauched
> before WSJT-X, I thought that I should use a Rig '2 Hamlib Net rigctld
> with 'localhost:4532' as the CAT port. But I cannot do that, when I
> choose rig #2, the port list shows the usual ttySx or ttyUSBx ports, but
> no localhost. It I choose None, I still get the 'Open rig failed'
> messaqe.
The latest source has much better support for network rig servers. I
think you might be able to get up and running with rigctld by editing
wsjtx.ini and putting "localhost:5432" in as the CAT port device. I
would advise selcting you rig directly in the WSJT-X settings rather
than trying to use rigctld as an intermediary.

> So, is it possible to have an 'external' rigctld with WSJT-x ? I mean
> one not lauched by WSJT-X.
WSJT-X does not launch rigctld, it uses the Hamlib library directly. Yes
there is support for rigctld if you need to use it but be aware that
having a second program trying to control the rig, or even polling it
for status is likely to confuse WSJT-X which expects to have exclusive
access to the rig CAT port so there is little need for rigctld.

> My second problem comes with WSJT, I am using version 9.3 r2792, and I
> cannot get any audio. I am not sure if this is the right version to
> use...
>
> Last year, someone told me to use a .asoundrc file to connect WSJT to
> the audio system, It worked, but this time I could not see any new
> 'device' in the list given by WSJT, so there is something else to do
> with Ubuntu 14.04 ...
I'm sorry, I have little expertise in portaudio so I'm not best placed
to help you with this issue.