On 21/09/2015 13:33, Håken Hveem wrote:
Hi Håken,
> It works fine with fldigi,that also uses pulseaudio.
I understand but fldigi and WSJT-X may not utilize the audio streams in
exactly the same way. We do close the audio streams at various points
and pulseaudio does have some settings related to that sort of situation
which could cause the levels to be changed.

Because we use the Qt framework for a platform independent abstraction
at a higher level than the pulseaudio interfaces we do not necessarily
have full control of all features. I am certain that settings are
available which allow WSJT-X to work with pulseaudio streams on Ubuntu.
As far as we know a default Ubuntu installation works as expected, have
you made any audio settings changes on your Ubuntu system, perhaps to
get other applications working?