      From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
 To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
 Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 4:02 PM
 Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] My problems while trying to get the audio samples

 On 11/12/2016 21:57, Black Michael wrote:

 Maybe just disable the refresh until the directory is complete? At least on my
machine it violates the 1-second rule sometimes :-)
 Hi Mike, obviously a slow Internet connection would cause that but TBH the
real problem is that QNetworkAccessManager seems to block for a couple of
seconds on first use on Windows. That is annoying and doesn't happen on other
platforms, probably due to the SSL library loading and reading CA certs from
the registry. The directory listing is a tiny JSON file and should not take
that long to retrieve.
  Not sure what you mean by "disable the refresh"? 73