On 27/07/2017 01:08, Rich - K1HTV wrote:

Using R7956, Tom is correct in that if the station you called answers another station, the "Enable TX" is stopped. But it is only true if you use the "Tx1" message to make the call.

If the TX1 (Calls & Grid) message is skipped and the call is made by using TX2 (Calls and report), if the station called comes back to another station, the "Enable TX" remains red and calling continues on subsequent sequences until the "Halt Tx" button is clicked.

I believe that no matter which TX message is being used, "Enable Tx" should be turned off automatically if the station I called is in the process of working another station.

73,

Rich - K1HTV

Hi Rich,

how are you selecting Tx2 to reply to a CQ call? If you are doing so by clicking the buttons next to it then WSJT-X will assume you know what you are doing and are already in a QSO. To use Tx2 to reply to CQ or QRZ calls you can double-click either of the buttons next to the Tx1 message to disable it, it will be greyed out to show that and Tx2 will be automatically used to reply to make initial calls to stations when you double click a decode.