I have noticed a small issue using F4 to abort an auto sequence in FT8.

As I am cursed with having to use a compound call, and there are still a surprising number of rc1 users out there whose software can't handle compound calls like mine very well (I am guessing about one in five), I frequently find myself on the other end of a QSO with a user whose auto sequencing gets locked up when trying to deal with my call.

F4 aborts the auto sequence for me just fine and erases the standard messages, and that's been a lifeline - the F4 key is now my new best friend. But I have encountered a small bug using it that probably ought to be fixed.

If the other user gets locked up, and then I use F4 to abort and have not yet repopulated the standard messages, and the other user then unexpectedly happens to then send the next expected sequence, my software will then transmit a sequence that is totally empty because, well, I just erased the standard messages when I hit the F4 button.

Perhaps the software should look to see if the sequence about to be transmitted is empty, and not transmit it, if it is.

Regards from rainy Costa Rica,
Scott Bidstrup
TI3/W7RI