On 3/4/2018 8:12 PM, David Fisher NX6D wrote:
I’m curious to know what will happen when someone wanders into these tests, without RC2, and tries to send one of the messages not used in these abbreviated sequences.  Will those callers be ignored?

Only Fox sends a new type of message -- that is, one not supported in WSJT-X v1.8.0.

I hope it's clear in the FT8 DXpedition Mode User Guide
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf

... that Fox will respond only to

1. Initial calls like line 2 in the User Guide's example sequence (top of page 2). These messages must be received above 1000 Hz; and

2. Messages like lines 4 and 6, from stations to whom Fox has already sent a signal report. These must be received between 300 and 900 Hz.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT