From: Joe Taylor <j...@princeton.edu>
Sent: March 4, 2018 23:44
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [wsjt-devel] Public test of FT8 DXpedition mode March 6-7

Hi all,

I write to remind you of the public test of *FT8 DXpedition Mode* scheduled
for March 6-7.  The more participants, the better!
The main goal is to simulate pileups in which many "Hounds" call and attempt
to work a desirable rare DX station, the  "Fox", and to maximize the
resulting QSO rate.  We hope you can be there and work each of our Foxes on
each band.

All participating stations must use program version WSJT-X v1.9.0-rc2.
If you don't yet have it, download links are available here:
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html

Detailed instructions for Fox and Hound stations are posted here:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf
It's important to read and follow these instructions carefully!  Don't just
try to wing it.

Each hour during the test has a designated frequency and Fox callsign,
"Fox_A" in the following table.

Date   UTC    Freq  Fox_A    Fox_B   NSlots
Mar 6 2300  14.080  K1JT     W7/KH7Z    3
Mar 7 0000  10.141  W1/KH7Z  K9AN       5
Mar 7 0100   7.080  W7/KH7Z  K1JT       4
Mar 7 0200   3.585  K9AN     W1/KH7Z    3

As you will know after reading the FT8 DXpedition Mode User Guide, Fox can
conduct up to "NSlots" QSOs simultaneously.  W7/KH7Z will be operated by
AA7A, and W1/KH7Z by N1DG.

Fox_A will operate for the full hour if plenty of Hounds keep calling.
Fox_B is on standby reserve.  If the QSO rate for Fox_A approaches zero at
the half-hour mark, Fox_A will stop transmitting and Fox_B will call CQ.

If you (as a Hound) can legitimately use more than one callsign -- your
spouse's call, club call, etc. -- please try to work each Fox multiple
times.  No dupe QSOs with the same call and same band, though.

Real-time liaison will be available via the "Ping Jockey Relief" chat page
(PJB), https://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalkB .  Everyone should
monitor this page for possible announcements of frequency changes or
switch-overs from Fox_A to Fox_B.  To ensure that announcements from Fox
stations are easily visible, Hounds should monitor PJB but not post messages
there during the test.

The deepest pileups will help us to tune the final-release software version
for optimum performance on both Fox and Hound sides.  After the test, please
post any comments you feel will be helpful to one of our two email forums,
wsjtgr...@yahoogroups.com or wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net .  You will
need to be subscribed to the list in order to post there.

We sincerely hope you can join us for this test, working each Fox on each
band!

     -- 73, Joe, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)