Hi Bill,

Your latest message aggregator works perfectly, both in the highlight-last and list-based modes. WSJTX now does all that I want, in terms of callsign highlighting. I used the new message to highlight the countries not worked this year, and improved my DX Marathon score significantly in just one evening. Thank you for your effort!

73 Alex VE3NEA

On 2018-03-27 18:26, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 27/03/2018 04:10, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
When I was initially experimenting with callsign highlighting, I painted all instances of the call that appeared after the last separator. I searched for "----" backwards from the end of the text, then searched forward for the callsign, starting at that point. This proved to be unnecessary in the Highlight Last mode, but when this mode is off, you may want to use this method to ensure that highlighting does not propagate beyond the point of the band change. Of course, this will work only if separators are enabled.

Hi Alex,

thanks again fro the feedback.

For the above I think that it is best left for the future when we have a much richer internal model of decodes, things like the dial frequency when they were decoded will eventually be stored alongside the decoded text, date, time etc. This will make this sort of logic far more practical. I suspect for the vast majority of users there is little care for decodes that have scrolled off the top unless they are for the last one or two T/R periods.

I have added a bit more functionality to the message_aggregator reference application to exercise the highlight last instance only flag and to allow the selection of foreground and background colours in the "Calls of interest" list. This is only so I can test the message functionality fully, there are no WSJT-X implementation changes. Here's a new patch for any who might be interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7slm4oypbc5g8ks/highlight.diff?dl=0

I consider this patch a low risk and I am happy to merge it to the development branch even though we are already at RC3, which means it will make it into the v1.9.0 GA release. Unless you have any other suggestions on this functionality I will commit the changes tomorrow.