From: Greg Beam [mailto:ki7m...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 9:21 PM
To: 'WSJT software development' <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: 'Alessandro Gorobey' <algi...@libero.it>
Subject: RE: [wsjt-devel] Incorrect build location 1.10.0-rc1

Hi Sandro,

Thanks for the feedback. While version issue is definably a bug, I don't
think it falls into the category of critical. The version information has no
effect on WSJT-X final code whatsoever; mainly screen displays and folder
separation if enabled. From the feedback I received, most don't use separate
anyway. The line 71 issue is a bit more important as it could limit
listings, which in turn could cause the build to fail erroneously. If I make
another update, I'll fix that one for sure.

As for the http/https situation. There were many users complaining about
https causing them any number of problems. I've had trouble with it in the
past, but none recently. Obviously, http is working, else, we would be
having a totally different conversation. However, if credentials are being
passed, https or ssh would obviously be a better choice.

If the http/https situation is a major concern, edit the script and change
the urls to https.

73's
Greg, KI7MT