Hi!
You just need cheap usb-rs232 dongle (ebay $2-$3), one TTL chip 74LS05, 10k and 4k7 resistors. All together well under $10, should say under $5.

I just blow my Ci-V level converter that was made with MAX232 chip and made new one with those. Usb-rs232 dongles do not have rs232 specification defined -15V/+15V voltage. They work with 0V/5V and have 5V power source available directly so they are ideal for 74-series TLL chips.

There are plenty of similar at Google image search with words: ci-v rs232

Obviously you are Windows user. With linux you could use command socat to create virtual serial port over TCP that could be solution.

--
Saku
OH1KH