I'd just leave it to the WSJT-X team, and only the WSJT-X team.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 8/9/2018 4:08 PM, Andras Bato wrote:
George is quite right!
Leave it to the dev team -and to Igor!
It well worth to test what does JTDX dev team do.
gl de ha6nn
Andras

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:10 PM, George J Molnar <geo...@molnar.com <mailto:geo...@molnar.com>> wrote:

    I think he is lamenting the “loss of sensitivity” with FT8
    compared to JT65 now that the former has come to dominate. Not
    sure his math works out, so will leave that to the dev team.
    Imagine they are keenly interested in performance, too.

    George J Molnar
    Virginia, USA

    <mailto:ne...@techie.com>> wrote:

    > Frankly,  I don't see where you're getting the idea that JT65
    sensitivity is missing?

    > It is still much more sensitive than FT8, and will be for the
    foreseeable future, as are the other WSJT-X modes.    JT9A is at
    -27, JT65A is at -25, and QRA64A is at -26.   FT8 is -21 .. all
    this is based on a average noise floor.

    > I don't see what your 'new mode' is going to accomplish.
    >
    > Neil, KN3ILZ
    >

    >> On 8/8/2018 2:29 AM, Игорь Ч wrote:
    >> Hello Joe and all,
    >> .
    >> We all have been missing JT65 mode sensitivity and proposed
    WSJT-X 2.0 new FT8 approach with 0.2 dB sensitivity penalty can
    make things even worse.
    >> .
    >> I would like to ask you to consider a new protocol where
    callsign hash would be used instead of the real callsign in all
    messages but CQ and incoming call, this way we can get back to
    -25..26dB SNR sensitivity although will get more limited with the
    free message length.
    >> .
    >> CQ message: 28 bit callsign1  + i5bit + 12 bit CRC = 45 bit
    >> incoming call: 10 bit call1 hash + 28 bit callsign2 + i5bit +
    12bit CRC = 55 bit
    (10 bit call3 hash for DXpedition) + 6 bit report + 12 bit CRC =
    43(53) bit
    >> roger+report message: 10 bit call1 hash +  10 bit call2 hash +
    6 bit report+ i5bit + 12bit CRC = 43 bit
    >> 73 message: 10 bit call2 hash + 10 bit call1 hash  + 15 bit
    GRID + i5bit + 12bit CRC = 55 bit
    >> RR73 message: 10 bit call1 hash + 10 bit call2 hash + 15 bit
    GRID + i5bit  + 12bit CRC= 52 bit
    >> .
    >> Spare bits can be used for nonstandard(special) callsign
    transmission in CQ message. call1 hash could be omitted in the
    incoming call message if this message is originated by the
    nonstandard(special) callsign.
    >> .
    >> Probably we can optimize protocol even better while a main idea
    is to transmit a full callsign only once per each QSO and to
    transmit not more than one full callsign in the message.