On 17/10/2018 17:46, Iztok Saje wrote:
Maybe some proxy site can be established? ARRL LotW servers might not be
happy by 10 0000 WSJTX users downloading new file every two hours
before they learn their schedule?

Hi Iztok,

nobody should need to fetch fresh versions of this file very often, the currency of the data is certainly not critical especially as some users only upload once and then never again and others may upload their whole log for the first time next week; the data can only ever be an indication.

WSJT-X only gets the file automatically if it is not there, so after initial downloads from WSJT-X v2.0.0 are done only when users bother to go to settings and press the fetch button will a fresh download be attempted.

I did consider triggering an automatic refresh when the file is, say, a month old. We still have the option of doing that if users feel that the data is out of date and we get tired of telling them to press the "Fetch" button, hi hi.