Hi Mark,

On 10/21/2018 2:07 PM, Mark Spencer VE7AFZ wrote:
Hi.   Was running with another station on MSK144.   I was in NA contest mode (but I
believe the other station wasn't as they were not calling me with my "/R" call.)

Things seemed to be working until another Station sent "TU JOHN 73"  this
caused my station to advance to TX5 even though the message wasn't directed to me.  I was
also prompted to log the QSO (even though the QSO wasn't complete.).  Is this normal ?

Your QSO should look like the one shown for NA VHF Contest on page 4 of
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/Quick_Start_WSJT-X_2.0.pdf

You'll need to find out why he did not call VE7AFZ/R. If he double-clicked on your "CQ VE7AFZ/R CN89", he would have used the /R.

Your QSO is obviously complete -- he sent you 73. Auto-sequencing cannot work with free-form text messages, so you need to intervene at that point.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT