On 27/10/2018 12:40, Jay Hainline wrote:

Bill, Mike and others,

You do realize that JA on 160 meters is restricted to using FT8 at 1908 khz? Practice has been for JA to call for DX at their allocation and listen for NA stations transmitting at 1840. Widening the bandwidth window is not very eloquent. Surely using a split VFO option with 2 slices would be more feasible. My 2 cents…

73 Jay KA9CFD

Hi Jay,

I see no mention of top band in the OP, although there may be issues using traditional split operating to work stations in a separate sub-band I don't think that is related to the OP's query. Currently the use of SPLIT mode on a rig by WSJT-X is incompatible with working stations on a separate sub-band as SPLIT is used for a different purpose i.e. to extend Tx coverage up to the bandwidth of the receiver and to ensure cleaner Tx signals free of unwanted audio harmonics.