From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:26:37 PM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Parameters that Releases and Release-Candidates are
compiled under

Hi Steve,

comments in line below.

On 14/11/2018 04:16, Stephen Ireland wrote:
Hi Folks,

What parameters and environments are the releases of WSJT-X (including the
Betas) currently compiled under?
which platform are you interested in?

I.e. What version of Qt? What version of the JTSDK?
As of WSJT-X v2.0.0 RC4 the minimum Qt version is v5.5. The binary packages
released by the WSJT development team are not built using the JTSDK.

The reason that I ask this is that Qt 5.5 and Qt 5.9 operate slightly
differently with regards to its “Sound Modules”, hence people will find
differing sound levels with software compiled under these two environs.
I doubt that very much. Please provide references for you assertion about
levels. As far as I am concerned 0dB FS is always going to be 0db FS and only
the sound card hardware will have any bearing on how that maps to an analogue
audio level.

I am one that compiles and packages my own software from the source releases –
under JTSDK 3.0.1 and Qt 5.9.5 as is the development release of the JTSDK.

Thanks and 73

Steve I
VK3VM / VK3SIR