Thanks Mike

So that means you MUST start the single instance first no matter what.  That
does agree with what I am seeing - nothing in the docs to say there is a ‘start
up’ order.

As a work around I will try to set all my wsjtx instances to use a —rig-name
option and see if that will help keep things running.

Pretty daft to kill processes that may be needed on an assumption.

--

73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)