On 4 Mar 2019 at 4:51, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:

> Both conditions need to fixed.  VFO-A needs to be set as selected VFO
> and VFO-B set to the split freq at all times.  Otherwise a tune
> instigated from an external source will be on the wrong frequency.And
> yes...I know you can click Tune in WSJT-X and then VFO-B gets
> set...but that leaves the amplifier in-line with too much power to
> tune and for some could fry the amplifier.
> Mike

Hi Mike (and all), for what it's worth I've found that using the 'Fake It'
split mode, rather than
the 'Rig' mode, works best with my Icom IC-7600.

Some years ago, when I first tried using the 'Rig' mode with WSJT I found that
the time taken
to switch VFOs (from A to B in my case) and then to re-tune the newly-selected
VFO with the
desired offset (eg. +1kHz) was significantly longer than just re-tuning the
active VFO,
presumably because there was a longer command sequence to be received,
processed and
then actioned by the rig.  The delay in the rig switching VFOs and then
re-tuning was
resulting in the transmission not starting until (IIRC) some 2-3secs into a Tx
period.

I would assume that using the 'Fake It' mode would work equally well
irrespective of which
VFO was the active one, so perhaps there should be a note in the User Manual
that, at least
for Icom rigs, the 'Fake It' split mode is preferred/recommended?

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---