Then it's working as designed.

I like the idea that all incoming transmissions that contain my call are given special emphasis. If I'm not busy, I can frequently answer the station in the current cycle. If I'm in the middle of a QSO with some other station, I'll try to get back to the calling station when I'm finished with the current QSO.

I don't know of preference which will change this behavior.

73 Bill AE6JV