Dave, with all due respect, maybe you need to read the thread again... You
are going off on wild tangents in your attempt to discredit and trash talk
every operator you can.
The Reason this is needed is to block Lids from tripping Call First, and or
to prevent them from calling you at all. Maybe a casual user will never
experience these issues, as I suspect you are. More advanced users,
especially those contesting or primarily interested in DX need a way to
filter calls. As more and more people with different experience and IQ
levels use the FT Modes the problems get worse and worse. When using a
Directional CQ and the same users over and over QRM you, a way to deal with
that should be present. They are taking away from your time and enjoyment.
If I want to call CQ on the Greyline to Asia I should have that right...
But I will, 100% of the time be QRM'd by USA callers answering my
Directional CQ. Both in Contesting and Directional CQ's "Call First" is a
very important tool that stacks the odds in your favor of completing a
QSO... If you choose not to use it, that's your prerogative, but, Please,
do not tell me not to use it, nor what features could also make the
experience better. Ron, WV4P