On 23/12/2019 10:37, Claude Frantz wrote:
Hi all,

Please allow me to ask about the split mode in the sense of a necessity resulting from different frequency assignments in different countries, i.e. a sort of special form of multi-band operation. The typical situation is the QSO between a Japanese station and a station in Region 1.

What is the recommanded setting in WSJT-X in order to operate under such conditions while maintaining the "special" split at the TX side in order to have the audio between 1.5 and 2 kHz ?

Best wishes,
Claude (DJ0OT)

Hi Claude,

supporting "legacy" split mode in WSJT-X would require a large enhancement. For example some scheme that allowed each working frequency to have an optional independent transmit frequency. I suspect the requirement does not justify the amount of work as few bands and regions suffer these non-compatible frequency allocations. On top band I doubt there are enough stations active with good enough receiving station aerials to take advantage, such that a wide bandwidth slot would be required. Because of that a manual solution is probably the best. You can create a new configuration and in that set "Settings->Radio->Rig->None". You may need to do some work to get PTT working in that configuration if you currently use CAT PTT. Once the new configuration is selected you can manually tune your rig's split Rx and Tx frequencies just like you would in other modes, be sure to pick a Tx VFO dial frequency that allows you to use an audio offset between 1500 Hz and 2500 Hz.

I believe the regulators in Japan are addressing the incompatibilities with other regions on 160m.