> On Dec 23, 2019, at 04:43, Tom Ramberg via wsjt-devel
> <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> I have used this way of doing it with FT1000MP, FT1000MP MarkV and FTdx3000
> operating as JW6VDA, and a similar setup also works with my IC7300 from my
> home station, OH6VDA. Originally I was put on the right track by Michael
> 5P1KZS.

As I remember, this is the same method that I used on my TS-590 and it worked
very well.  The thing you need to remember is to set your transmit frequency
(the one in OUR part of the band) so that it is somewhere over 1500Hz and under
about 2200, assuming you have a 2.4 or wider transmit filter.  If you keep it
between 1.5 and 2K transmit tone frequency, you should be golden.

I recently tried to recall the exact setup to help another gentleman use his
TS890, but I forgot one of the steps.  This all looks good to my logic and I’m
going to go home this afternoon and make another attempt at doing my 890.  As
you said, you do have to ride herd on the transmit frequency by checking to see
that you aren’t transmitting on someone else and well within your transmit
filter range but above 1500.  Of course, this assumes you are using the box to
hold your transmit frequency (HOLD) so that it doesn’t wander around with
receive mouse clicks.

Merry Christmas all.

73, Gary - AG0N