A simple question: Suppose I want to do a little WSJT-X development...
experimenting with new features, bug fixing, submitting the occasional
patch. I'll be coding on Linux, but will want to compile for Windows as
well as Linux for testing. (Not particularly interested in building my own
source tarball.)  What's the best way to do this now?

I can build from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.1.2/wsjtx-2.1.2.tgz
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.1.2/wsjtx-2.1.2.tgz/download>
just
fine; but I've seen email saying the repository has moved to git, so I'm
not sure that tarball is up to date. On the other hand, following the
git-centric instructions at
https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjtx/ci/master/tree/INSTALL, the build dies
with errors like:

wsjtx-prefix/src/HamlibTransceiver.cpp:590:66: error:
‘RIG_PASSBAND_NOCHANGE’ was not declared in this scope
           rig_set_mode (rig_.data (), RIG_VFO_CURR, dummy_mode_,
RIG_PASSBAND_NOCHANGE);

wsjtx-prefix/src/HamlibTransceiver.cpp:811:32: error:
‘rig_set_split_freq_mode’ was not declared in this scope
                   error_check (rig_set_split_freq_mode (rig_.data (),
RIG_VFO_CURR, tx, new_mode, RIG_PASSBAND_NOCHANGE), tr ("setting split TX
frequency and mode"));

[BTW: Attempting to answer my question with a web search turns up the
promising looking WSJT Developers Guide
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/dev-guide-main.html,
but that begins with a notice that it's obsolete, and to use
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/ instead. OK fine, I go there, and
from there to https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/files/linux/ for the
Linux version, which page tells me the repository has been moved to github
at https://github.com/KI7MT/jtsdk-nix. There I see the announcement that
"This project is no longer under active development", "Those wishing to use
JTSDK should follow the JTSDK .Net Core cross-patform project instead."
Right, OK, but the page https://github.com/KI7MT/jtsdk-tools for that
project only says "Linux - Coming Soon!" A dead end.]

Thanks for any help,

73, Paul K6PO