Hi Bill --

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 8:53 AM Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
wrote:

> You could use the tarball as a starting point for casual development but
> cloning the official public git repository is best for anything other than
> the simplest of development.

Sounds good to me, I'd like to get that working.

> The errors you show above are due to you not having a recent version of
> Hamlib built for use with WSJT-X, the versions of Hamlib in most (probably
> all) Linux repositiories are too old. You should be able to clone the
> official Hamlib git repo and build the master branch for use with WSJT-X.
> You should configure the Hamlib build to build a static library and its
> probably best to install that locally in your own directories using the
> --prefix option of configure. Once you have a locally installed Hamlib you
> can tell the WSJT-X CMake build script where to find it using the
> configuration variable CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH which should include the root
> directory of your locally install Hamlib package.

Bill, I did all that. As I said, I followed your
https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjtx/ci/master/tree/INSTALL. To wit:

$ mkdir ~/hamlib-prefix
> $ cd ~/hamlib-prefix
> $ git clone git://git.code.sf.net/u/bsomervi/hamlib src
> $ cd src
> $ git checkout integration
> $ ./bootstrap
> $ mkdir ../build
> $ cd ../build
> $ ../src/configure --prefix=$HOME/hamlib-prefix \
>    --disable-shared --enable-static \
>    --without-cxx-binding --disable-winradio \
>    CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections" \
>    LDFLAGS="-Wl,--gc-sections"
> $ make
> $ make install-strip
> $ mkdir -p ~/wsjtx-prefix/build
> $ cd ~/wsjtx-prefix
> $ git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjtx src
> $ cd ~/wsjtx-prefix/build
> $ cmake -D CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=~/hamlib-prefix ../src
> $ cmake --build .
> $ cmake --build . --target install

The next to last line, cmake --build ., dies with those unresolved symbols
in HamlibTransceiver.cpp. I've taken care not to have any other hamlib
packages installed on this machine. So it seems to me that something
in  git://git.code.sf.net/u/bsomervi/hamlib or  git://
git.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjtx is wrong.

73, Paul K6PO