On 03/06/2020 22:57, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:
Bill,

A new defect identified with the decode coloring. The HighlightLast flag is not being honored properly.

To work-around the non-highlighting of strings containing a '+' symbol I modified JTAlert to only highlight callsigns only less the report part of the decode. JTAlert has always used the HighlightLast flag set to true.

A simple test with "AX3TC" set as a wanted callsign to be highlighted when decoded, JTAlert correctly doesn't alert/highlight when AX3TC is the target of a decode..
.

Now AX3TC is decoded transmitting so JTAlert alerts and highlights the Callsign. WSJT-X 2.2.0-GA correctly highlights the Callsign but also incorrectly highlights the previous period which was previously not colored...

It looks to me like there is some sort of logic bug in determining the last period.

Rerunning the same tests with WSJT-X 2.1.2 the correct results are observed, no incorrect coloring of AX3TC in previous period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie,

thanks for the issue report. It took me a while to reproduce reliably, which I have now done with help from a video demo from Mike, W9MDB. The defect is repaired for the next release, and the changes should include a small performance improvement when processing this type of UDP request with a long decode history.