Adrian,

The “Log QSO” button on left hand side of the middle row is for that purpose.
If all information needed for a QSO is exchanged, then clicking the Log QSO
button will bring up the logging window and there is no need to “rework” the
station. You may need to check that all information is correct in that window
and may need to edit it.
Without seeing your Rx Frequency window or all.txt record around that instance
it is difficult to explain why that happened. You said that there are multiple
callers. Typical reason in that kind of cases I have had is unintended
interleaving of QSOs. The Auto sequence cannot handle those, only a single QSO
at a time.

73, Reino OH3mA