On 17/02/2021 14:35, John Nelson via wsjt-devel wrote:
Bill,

I have guided David (via landline) to get wsjtx to launch.   The immediate
problem appears to be a failure of wsjtx to be installed in the Applications
folder by using the normal installation procedure of dragging the WSJT-X icon
on top of the Applications icon in the dmg panel.    This only results in an
alias being created in the Applications folder pointing to /Volumes…..  A
Terminal command   cd  /Applications/wsjtx.app  results in no such file etc.
(?!)

Next I got David to drag the WSJT-X icon from the dmg panel directly to an open
Applications folder.  This worked.   I am expecting further emails but for the
moment, I will take care of getting this solved.

— John G4KLA

Hi John,

thanks for that, I assumed he had done something different from a regular installation. Clearly a big picture with instructions and a big green arrow was insufficient in his case, hi.