From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
To: Sam W2JDB <w2...@aol.com>; wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Mon, Sep 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X 2.5.0 GA Release

 On 27/09/2021 18:21, Sam W2JDB wrote:

Hi Bill,
  In testing Ver 2.5 in both RC6 and the GA, I noticed a change that could
possibly impact those that are unaware. Prior to Ver 2.5 if on the
Setting/Reporting tab the "Prompt me to log QSO" checkbox is left unchecked
while the "Log Automatically (contesting only)" checkbox is checked, the Log
QSO prompt screen pops up. That is understandable and from my view point
desirable. However, in 2.5 in that same setting the  "Log QSO prompt" screen
does not popup.
  You now have have to explicitly either check the "Prompt me to log QSO"
checkbox, or to manually  click the "Log QSO" button on the main WSJT-X screen.
Was there an underlying reason for that  change in behavior. I am questioning
that because before, one only needed to have just the   "Log Automatically (
... ) checkbox checked for both contest mode a regular mode for that "Log QSO"
prompt to pop up.
   73,
  Sam W2JDB
 Hi Sam, as stated in the Settings label for "Log automatically" that feature
is only supposed to work in contest modes. That has been enforced by repairing
a defect. 73