If you could please run WinDbg and attach it to the WSJT-X process.Maybe it
will tell us something.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windbg/9pgjgd53tn86?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Mike W9MDB

    On Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 02:44:35 PM CST, Tom Berry via wsjt-devel
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

 On 12/21/2021 3:04 PM, Joe Taylor via wsjt-devel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you have seen a bug that can cause WSJT-X 2.5.3 to crash when
> callsigns like W9YOY/M or K0VQM/4 are involved, please help us to
> isolate and fix it.  What we really need is a sequence of steps that
> will reliably reproduce the crash.
>
> If you have seen this bug, please let us know.  If you can reproduce
> it, please send us a recipe.
>
>     -- 73, Joe, K1JT

I have had the problem with my Apache Labs 7000 radio and HI3T/QRP.

I called him.
He answered with     AA4VV <HI3T/QRP>  -08
I then sent    <HI3T/QRP>  AA4VV  R-10

Then the program exited.  WSJT would not run until I rebooted the computer.

I called him again and the same think happened. (after reboot)

WSJT-X 2.5.3
Win 10
Apachie Labs 7000 Radio
FT8.