As a victim of another local foundation ham (caught) unlawfully using my callsign on 20m FT8 recently, and reports

heard of other fake and unauthorized callsign use, I wonder about the possibility

of a digital Mode database setup & registered to , with license proof etc, similar to QRZ.

A hex code only then secure issued to the ham passing this test for software use.

Wsjtx would be coded to have a code entry near Callsign field, and only accepting on correct code entered.

This would go a long way to providing confidence that the callsign worked is genuine (DXPeditions etc), and protecting

 your own callsign from mis-use.

73

vk4tux