Norm wrote:
> Arg, same thing on my other computer. Must be a bug in the version of watir I
> am using. Looking at CVS it looks like the ie-new-process has had a lot of
> changes... I guess I'll wait for the next gem to be released and try a new
> build, until then I'll have to live with the stray console windows I
> suppose...

None of the changes should make a difference for the issues you are having.

Have you reproduced the problem running ruby from the command line? Or
have you only tried launching ruby from another tool (e.g. an editor or
ide)?

> Does anyone know of a way to install watir (gem) to the same directory
> everytime? For example instead of
> "C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\watir-1.5.1.1164" just use
> "C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\watir"? That would be HUGE for me.

The answer is that you would have to manually install watir instead of
using the gem system. But you shouldn't be doing this unless you already
know what you are doing -- in which case you wouldn't be asking us the
question.

Why do you care where Watir is installed?