Hi Laurent,

> I'm not able to compile some projects because of lack of compatibility with
> old wxWidget classes like wxProperty.

I'm not sure how wxProperty is involved, but my fork shouldn't *add*
any issues as it's based on John's code and I only added updated wxSTC
binding (with all the methods updated for wxwidgets 3.1.0 and 3.1.1)

> I tryed to set to 1 the define WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8 which is set to 0
> since wxWidget 3.1.0 but I have encountered lot of others problems. Have you
> override some others define to be able to compile ? Did I miss something ?

I use the same setting; here is my configure line:

  ./configure --prefix="$INSTALL_DIR" $WXWIDGETSDEBUG --disable-shared
--enable-unicode \
    --enable-compat28 \
    --with-libjpeg=builtin --with-libpng=builtin --with-libtiff=no
--with-expat=no \
    --with-zlib=builtin --disable-richtext \
    CFLAGS="-Os -fno-keep-inline-dllexport" CXXFLAGS="-Os
-fno-keep-inline-dllexport"

I build using my own scripts without issues on Windows/OSX/Linux, but
I'm using my fork of wxwidgets that is little bit behind their master
branch (but I don't have any changes to their version, just lagging a
bit behind).

You can find all the build scripts for various platforms here:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/tree/master/build; just
search for BUILD_WXWIDGETS.

Paul.