Octavian Rasnita wrote:

  Hi Octavian,

I want to create a readonly multiline rich text control that has the wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER style, so I've tried to use
Wx::TextCtrl with the wxTE_RICH2 style.

I need to make some format settings in the control, like the font, the color, background-color, boldness and other things like that and I thought I can use Wx::TextAttr, but unfortunately I've read that all the methods for setting options of this module are not available in WxPerl.

  I think this was true for older wxPerl versions (can't remember how
much old); I use Wx::TextAttr to change font color on a Wx::TextCtrl
created with wxTE_RICH2, so this should work.

Can I make Wx::RichTextCtrl to create readonly controls that can be used with the keyboard? Or can I assign different formats to a Wx::TextCtrl using Wx::TextAttr or other methods?

  I do not have much experience with Wx::RichTextCtrl (besides writing
some code for the wxPerl demo), but you should be able to do what you
need using wxTextCtrl.

HTH
Mattia