<steveco.1...@gmail.com> writes:

>> 1. Use CitrusPerl
>
> Do you use Citrus Perl on Linux too? I don't because there is already
> a Perl there.

In general, it can be quite risky to use the system Perl. You don't have
control over how it is compiled, what components are installed, what
versions of modules, and so on. Bear in mind that if you add or upgrade
a system Perl module, this can blow up system components. Rule of thumb
is to let system Perl be for the system components that use Perl, and
use it only for trivial things.

For anything else, use your own Perl.

I use Citrus Perl on all relevant platforms (Linux, Windows, OSX), even
on Raspbian.

> So Linux is where I use  tricks and stuff.

You must have more time than I do ;)

-- Johan