Good Afternoon(in Florida at least):

I have been trying to help a Perl Monks poster with the question: How do
you change the color and font of a ListCtrl column header? It's been
interesting archeology so far!

It seems that Wx::ListItem->SetTextColour
                                       ->SetBackgroundColour
                                       ->SetFont
calls don't work when applied to a ListCtrl::InsertColumn(col, item) call.
They work fine when applied to an item. SetText and SetWidth also work fine
with InsertColumn.

I found a post on the wxWidgets wiki saying as much and suggesting a work
around of setting the color and font on the ListCtrl and then changing the
color and font of the items as they are created. This kinda works except
for setting the background of the column header. The font, font size and
text color do get set as directed(on my CitrusPerl 5.16/2.8x installation).
And the items get set as directed. See the attached test code.

Is this issue "fixed" in 2.9.x? Any other ideas on changing the column
header font/text color/background color? Any better work-arounds?

Thanks for your time and experience.

James