I did
force install Wx
from the cpan shell:

Testing with samples/trivial/trivial.pl (see below) I see where the problems
were with the tests:
When I close the window app using the window's x button, the script sometime
does not return and I received the error message from W7
"perl.exe has stopped working".

But this is not systematics... sometime it works and the script return without
message... I would say it returns 3 times on 5

Idea ?

François

use strict;
use Wx;
my $app = Wx::SimpleApp->new;
my $frame = Wx::Frame->new( undef, -1, "Trivial Sample" );
$frame->Show;
$app->MainLoop;