Hi James and Steve,

I fully understand that you may not have a feel for the book right now. The
design document is still very incomplete at this early stage.

I¹m using a top-down design approach for the book, which means I¹m focussing
on the chapters rather than the chapter contents. At least that¹s my plan
for now. Adopting a common style to describe each widget is definitely the
intention.

Once we have the complete list of chapters put together, then I think would
be a good idea to ask people, who are willing to participate, to choose one
or more chapters to work on.

At the moment I envisage that the book will be grouped into 5 parts.
1. Introduction to GUI programming and wxPerl
2. The wxPerl widgets (currently worked on in the design doc.)
3. Geometry management in wxPerl (to be worked on next in the design doc.)
4. Event handling in wxPerl
5. Advanced Topics

Hopefully as I¹m adding to the design document, the full picture for the
book will begin to emerge.

Best Regards,

Ron.