Hi,

Drawing some attention to some recent enhancements I've submitted to MacPorts'
port:dbus (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52257#comment:3) in hope of
rallying some beta-testers.

I think many users who regularly work on a remote Mac using X11 for displaying
probably noticed that applications relying on a session DBus ran into a
limitation of the Mac DBus version. By default it relies on launchd for
starting and setting/exporting the session address.
There's nothing in the code though that makes it impossible to start and run
the daemon like it does on Linux/X11, including even auto-starting it tied to
the X11 DISPLAY (so theoretically it should exit when you disconnect).

I've added a +x11 variant to port:dbus which unlocks that possibility and
initial testing suggests it works.

I do only occasional remote work though, and it doesn't look that will change
much soon because it turns out that there are other blockers running KDE (KF5)
over a remote connection.

Hence the cross-post on the X11 users ML, in hope of reaching at least a few
users who're just dying to try out their preferred Gnome/GTk apps remotely :)

Cheers,
René