On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 08:10 +0100, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
> --[ UxBoD ]-- schrieb:
>

> > Alex, what do the two includes patches to SSH actually do ? I see they set
> > ASKPASS to a different value ?
>
> It force ssh to use program specified in SSH_ASKPASS environment
> variable  as "askpass" program. In Unix you can do this setting DISPLAY
> variable and starting ssh with setsid. But in windows the only way was
> to patch ssh. I think, in release x2go will use libssh instead of ssh.
<snip>
Very interesting.  I wonder if that explains the errors Uxbod was
encountering when trying to use newer ssh versions on Windows.

Uxbod, does plink provide a Windows based ASKPASS facility?

Alex and Heinz, is there any version of X2Go available yet with libssh?
Using plink (assuming it supports ASKPASS) would require an awful amount
of hacking and conditional formatting of parameters.  A consistent,
cross-platform API would be so much easier.  Thanks - John