Hello,

I have been playing around with x2go and xinerama. While the current
setup kind of works there are some problems with the current concept:
- it uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Any software that fiddles around with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH can break it (and there a lot (mostly commercial)
programs doing that...)
- it does not fully work on mixed architecture setups (32/64bit mix)
because there's only one library in the distribution. (I haven't
tested this but it AFAIK you cannot link a 32bit library to a 64
binary an vice versa.)
- requesting xinerama information (xdpyinfo -ext XINERAMA) does only
work for programs that are started inside the session. You cannot
request Xinerama information by redirecting $DISPLAY for the calling
program. You'd as well have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
- connection to an other host using ssh -X other-host leads to a
working shell that has a DISPLAY. However, it is not able to request
the correct Xinerama information.
- probably more

The reason for all this is the chosen approach. Patching the
libXinerama.so only works for clients actually able to access the
patched library. If - for whatever reason - they are using the
standard libXinerama this fails. So I really think the patched library
should vanish completely. Instead
nx-X11/programs/xserver/Xext/panoramix.c should be extended to do a
lookup to the nx client side whenever an X client is asking the
nxagent/x2goagent for Xinerama information.

What do you think? Is there anything I am missing here?

Uli