On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. We don't patch Xinerama. Rather, nx-libs, our "X server", includes
> an outdated version:
> nx-X11/lib/Xinerama

Maybe my wording was a bit misleading. What I meant was this patch:

0202_nx-X11_enable-xinerama.full.patch

This indeed patches the libXinerama that is built from the nx-x11 tree
(in nx-X11/lib/Xinerama/Xinerama.c). And that's the one that is
distributed in x2go and provided via LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have xinerama
emulation.

> 2. We are indeed working on dropping as many of nx-libs's bundled
> libraries as possible. We replace them with the system's versions.
> Often this means modifying files under nx-X11/programs/xserver/ like
> the one you mentioned. I am not sure what the schedule is for
> libXinerama, but I assume it is on the list. All this work is being
> done on the nx-libs 3.6.x branch.
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.6.x
> https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/tree/3.6.x
>
> 3. Hopefully someone can comment on the timetable for dropping the
> bundled libXinerama. Still, just because we dropped libXinerama
> doesn't mean we will immediately release nx-libs 3.6.0; We will
> probably drop other libraries 1st.

Ok, I have not seen a detailed list of the planned steps, does such a
thing exist?

Uli