Hi Mike,

you don't need to have let's encrypt certificate or any valid
certificate to do the testing or make the setup work. The simple self
signed certificate will do it just fine.  Just add security exception in
your browser when you'll connect to plugin page.

regards,
Alex

Am 21.06.21 um 10:57 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On  Mo 21 Jun 2021 17:49:08 CEST, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I'm using at the moment HTML Client on Debian 10, RH-7, Cent-OS7. I'll
>> try to upgrade my development system to Bullseye and will let you know
>> how it works.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> I never tried this setup without using SSL and I can
>> imagine that there's could be some security restrictions in browser,
>> which makes it impossible. Anyway, I'm going to try it and will come
>> back to you.
>
> Yeah, the browser might cause this, too, I also thought about this. I
> will check with another setup where I can deploy Let's Encrypt certs on
> a real webserver.
>
>> regards,
>> Alex
>>
>> PS: Don't think the reason is the text mode, because client opens socket
>> in binary mode. Anyway, I will get rid of websockify and put the ws
>> support into x2gowswrapper code
>
> Yep, saw that. So I was wondering, what throws up here.
>
> Thanks for taking a look,
> Mike

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München       | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658               | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973