On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Scott Balmos <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm currently running the Windows build 3.99.1.0 client on my work laptop to > access a KUbuntu 11.10 VM at home running server version 3.1.0.1. I have two > questions that have me scratching my head... > > 1) With the Windows client, when my KDE session starts up, the default > launcher at the bottom of the session's window is not displayed, as if the > Windows client is reporting a taller session pixel height than it should be. > As soon as I perform a session window resize (even dragging any window > dimension out and back by one pixel) redraws the session into the proper > window size. This behavior does not seem to happen on the Linux x2go client. > > 2) More interestingly, I have Pulseaudio set to SSH tunnel, for the random > time where I want audio playing over from my VM. Depending on the phase of > the moon, I will hear the first tenth of a second of the KDE startup music, > then nothing. Same with a song played in Amarok. Looking into the audio > settings, the remote Pulseaudio server seems to drop off the valid devices > list. I imagine Pulseaudio has lost the connection with the remote server on > the Windows client. I don't know if it's a tunneling issue or not. Obviously > everything works perfectly fine if there are no firewalls involved (e.g. I > have my laptop at home, accessing the home VM locally). > > Any ideas, or pointers on what to debug where to provide more info? Thanks!
Those are two long existing bugs in the Windows client. I use the following workarounds, but they are ugly: 1) I set a custom display resolution, and I knock about 10 pixels off from the width of my screen (1910) and about 60 pixels from the height of my screen (1140). Then, once the x2go desktop window is open, I hit the [fullscreen] icon to resize the window to fit my screen. I think this works because x2go is not properly accounting for the window borders and titlebar. It is forgetting to subtract the height of the titlebar and bottom window border from the vertical pixel dimension, and the width of the window borders from the horizontal pixel dimension. 2) I disable the "Use ssh port forwarding to tunnel sound..." option. Of course, this will not work if your connection is going through a firewall. _______________________________________________ X2Go-User mailing list [email protected] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user
